Did you know that there are approximately 30% of Americans who have at least one tattoo? Yet, not everyone who has a tattoo is happy with their decision. If you’re part of the 25% of Americans who regret getting a tattoo, it’s okay. The great news is that nowadays there are innovative techniques that can ensure that your tattoo gets permanently removed. These techniques help to get rid of any appearance of your tattoo. Most importantly, they do so with minimal side effects. If you want to get your tattoo removed, it’s always advisable for you to do it with someone who has completed a laser tattoo removal training course. If you want to know more about what this procedure is and what it entails, you should keep on reading.
How Does It Work?
The black color pigment from your tattoo ink should be broken up first. This is when the laser comes in handy. It uses a high-intensity light beam to break up this pigment color. Since black tattoo color effortlessly absorbs laser wavelengths, it’s the easiest color to break down. But it’s always essential for you to have a consultation with someone who has done a laser tattoo removal training course. They will be best suited to offer you advice on your process. These are just some of the things that they can advise you on.
- The number of treatments that you will have to do.
- The effects of the color of your skin.
- The depth of your tattoo pigment.
- How your age and tattoo size can impact the removal process.
What to Expect
Now that you’ve consulted, and you know how the process goes, you’re ready for the next step. Generally, this includes a couple of sessions before you see progress that should resemble your final results. But, during each laser session, you should expect the following.
- You’ll wear a pair of eye shields to protect your eyes from the laser beams.
- Your skin’s reaction to the laser beam will be tested. This is done to determine the most suitable energy frequency for your treatment.
- Then the technician starts the process by passing pulses of very intense light on the surface of your skin. These are only absorbed by the tattoo pigment.
The great thing is that if your tattoo is much smaller, it should require fewer pulses when you compare it to your larger ones. But, this doesn’t mean that you won’t need several treatments just because your tattoo is smaller. However, after a few visits, you should see the appearance diminishing faster when your tattoo is smaller.
Side Effects of Laser Tattoo Removal
First things first, you should know that the entire process is uncomfortable. If your technician has completed a laser tattoo removal training course they’ll know that applying topical anesthesia cream before you start the process is crucial. You should also have after care instructions. For instance, you should use an ice pack if you want to soothe your skin.
Even though this type of tattoo removal technique is considered safer than any other tattoo removal, there are still some side effects that you should expect. These are summarized as follows.
- The tattoo removal site is at a higher risk of infection. Moreover, permanent scarring is also possible.
- Some colors are stubborn and can’t be removed permanently. Your blue and black tattoo has a better chance of responding well to laser tattoo removal treatment.
- There is a high risk that you’ll have hyperpigmentation following your procedure. This can either leave the affected area lighter or darker than. The rest of your skin.
- Some cosmetic tattoos tend to get darker after each treatment. However, they do fade after a while.
If you want to avoid any problems with your treatment and care, you should ensure that you use a reputable facility. Getting a recommendation first should always help you to get professional service.
In summary, it’s always a good idea to be sure of getting a tattoo. Since it’s a permanent commitment, you should take your time to think more about getting one. However, changing your mind is a common thing, it’s human nature. And you shouldn’t feel bad when you do. Fortunately, we have the right services to ensure that your tattoo removal process is as seamless as possible. In addition, we can train you to become an expert in laser tattoo removals. If you’re looking for the best clinic for laser tattoo removal training, you should visit us at laser-tattoff.